Senior Ship Mechanic or Ship Repair Manager
Purpose of the function:
Navitec is a leading ship repair company specialized in fast response interventions on a 24/7 basis operating in the ARA region. In light of the growth of the company and its activities we like to expand our workforce with experienced ships mechanics.
- To be responsible for the quality, consistency and safe execution of works executed,
- To repair, overhaul and /or assist maker’s representatives of all type of engines, valves etc… on vessels,
- Assist with the mounting, demounting, rigging-in or rigging-out of mechanical ship parts,
- Execute works on vessels as well as in our workshop facilities,
- To manage and supervise a mechanics team,
- To report to client’s representatives or client’s superintendent,
- To act on board as part of the service team during visits/repairs on board of vessels.
Competencies and skills:
- Able to speak Dutch and English,
- Able to work independent,
- Hands-on mentality,
- High grade of flexibility,
- Cultural awareness.