Ship Repair Manager
Purpose of the function:
Navitec Marine Services is a leading ship repair company specialized on fast 24/7 interventions. We perform afloat ship repairs mainly in Belgian ports but we can also be found on regular basis in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Dunkirk and even Hamburg.
Through swift interventions, high quality repairs and creative solutions we assure customers keep contacting Navitec for repairs on sea-going vessels.
One of our frequent challenges is the repair and maintenance of pipes and flanges. Both disassembly and assembly on board as well as fabrication in our workshop happen on a daily basis.
If required you may also be deployed as an experienced welder.
The current job opening is in connection to an imminent retirement of one of our experienced pipe fitters.
- The preferred candidate feels right at home between pipes and flanges. You are able to independently fabricate, repair and mount pipe work on various installations and on board of sea-going vessels,
- You know how to handle mild and stainless steel, aluminum and other alloys,
- Solving smaller mechanical issues comes naturally to you,
- Flexibility in working hours will be required as our clients’ vessels always have a tight schedule in port and waiting times must be minimized as much as possible,
- You are able to advise the client’s representatives, the vessel’s superintendent as well as the vessel’s crew in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
Qualifications and experience:
- You have successfully completed an education in pipe fitting, any additional education in mechanics or welding are definitely a bonus,
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience,
- Being familiar with the layouts and particulars of working on sea-going vessels play to your advantage,
- As many of our jobs are in ports such as Antwerp, Zeebrugge, Ghent, Rotterdam and Dunkirk, a driving license is basic
Competencies and skills:
- You have a strong safety mindset and you are able to asses risks as well as taking required safety precautions for your personal safety as for other persons involved,
- Good knowledge of English is a must,
- You must be able to work in a team as well as autonomously,
- Hands-on mentality,
- Being flexible both in working hours as job-related,