Ship Repair Manager/Project Manager and leads a team of 5 mechanics.
Purpose of the function:
Navitec Marine Services is a leading ship repair company specialized on fast 24/7 interventions. We perform afloat ship repairs mainly in Belgian ports but we can also be found on regular basis in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Dunkirk and even Hamburg.
Through swift interventions, high quality repairs and creative solutions we assure customers keep contacting Navitec for repairs on sea-going vessels.
You apply your mechanical knowledges on board of sea-going vessels in above mentioned ports. Your tasks include troubleshooting, urgent repairs, overhauling of engines, pumps, valves, compressors, winches etc. Your daily challenges include dismantling and assembly on board, jobs in our workshop and leading and coaching a team of mechanics reporting to you.
The current job opening is in connection to an imminent retirement of one of our experienced mechanics.
- The preferred candidate feels completely at home and comfortable with all kinds of engines (main and auxiliary) en mechanical parts and is into the maritime world and a ship’s engine room,
- Solving mechanical issues comes naturally to you,
- Flexibility in working hours will be required as our clients’ vessels always have a tight schedule in port and waiting times must be minimized as much as possible,
- You are able to advise the client’s representatives, the vessel’s superintendent as well as the vessel’s crew in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing,
- Internally you consult with the responsible Ship Repair Manager and together you decide on the required steps and actions to take to reach a successful and desirable result.
Qualifications and experience:
- You have a technical degree in mechanics or from a maritime academy,
- A minimum of 5 year relevant experience,
- Being familiar with the layouts and particulars of working on a sea-going vessels play to your advantage,
- Prior experience as Chief Engineer on board of a sea-going vessel is definitely a big plus,
- As many of our jobs are in ports such as Antwerp, Zeebrugge, Ghent, Rotterdam and Dunkirk, a driving license is basic
Competencies and skills
- You have a strong safety mindset and you are able to asses risks as well as taking required safety precautions for your personal safety as for other persons involved,
- Good knowledge of English is a must, working knowledge of Dutch an additional asset,
- You must be able to work in a team as well as autonomously,
- Hands-on mentality,
- A true problem solver,
- Being flexible both in working hours as job-related,